A big congratulations are in order to the elite group of OrthoArizona physicians who were voted into PHOENIX Magazine’s highly anticipated 2017 TOP DOC’s issue! This year, 16 OrthoArizona made the coveted list across 4 categories (Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Podiatry, and Sports Medicine)
Congratulations to the following OrthoArizona 2017 TOP DOCs:
- Brad Bruns, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery, Top Docs 10 years)
- Lewis Freed, DPM (Podiatry, Top Docs 10 years)
- Douglas Freedberg, M.D. (Sports Medicine)
- Todd Gunzy, DPM (Podiatry)
- Todd Haddon, DPM (Podiatry)
- Destin Hill, M.D. (Sports Medicine)
- Mark Leber, M.D. (Hand Surgery)
- Richard Martin, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Cory Nelson, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery
- David Ott, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery, Top Docs 10 years)
- Charles Peterson, M.D. (Sports Medicine)
- Vincent Russo, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery, Top Docs 10 years)
- Brian Shafer, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Gary Waslewski, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Top Docs 10 years)
- Gary Weiner, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Michael Wilmink, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery)
While it is quite an honor to be among the doctors recognized in PHOENIX Magazine’s annual TOP DOCs listing, OrthoArizona sports medicine specialists Dr. Gary Waslewski and Dr. Douglas Freedberg were also featured in a Q&A within the magazine’s pages focusing on their expertise assisting pro athletes like Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu. Read the full Q&A here.
“We are extremely proud to have such a highly visible presence in this year’s TOP DOCs magazine issue, including being highlighted as a provider that has been recognized for 10 years of excellence by TOP DOCs,” said OrthoArizona CEO John Kinna.
“I believe that this recognition is a reflection of the excellent care and treatment patients receive from our OrthoArizona physicians’, including the professional athletes our physicians’ provide care for. This latest accolade further demonstrates how our doctors continue to innovate, going above and beyond for patients, and advancing the entire field of orthopedic surgery. A big kudos to our dedicated and deserving team!”
In order to be named to the annual list of TOP DOCs, physicians are chosen by their peers within the medical community. Every year, PHOENIX Magazine obtains listings of more than 800 Valley physicians practicing within roughly 52 different specialties. Surveys are sent out and doctors anonymously nominate the peers they deem to be “tops” within each specialty. Learn more from PHOENIX Magazine.
To schedule an appointment with one of our world-class physicians, please contact us at (602) 648-5444 or visit us at https://orthoarizona.org/schedule-appointment/