OrthoArizona’s Response to COVID-19 as of August 30th, 2021
Dear OrthoArizona Patients,
Thank you for your understanding and for helping to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all OrthoArizona patients and staff.
OrthoArizona’s Current COVID-19 Office Policies and Guidelines as of August 30th, 2021:
Effective August 30th, 2021, Serving the needs of our patients is our number 1 priority. In an attempt to create a safer environment for our patients, staff and providers, we are limiting guests and visitor access to our clinic. We are only permitting patients access to the clinic unless they are a minor or have a caregiver. In those instances only, one additional guest may accompany our patient.
- All patients and visitors (guardians and caregivers) must continue to wear their masks throughout the duration of their visit including when they are alone in the exam room.
- OrthoArizona is restricting masks with valves, bandanas, face shields without a mask underneath, and neck gaiters. These changes apply to all employees, patients, and visitors at an OrthoArizona site.
- We will continue our COVID19 symptoms screening in person and over the phone when necessary. We are no longer checking temperatures.
- For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html
COVID-19 Testing in Arizona
For any patients looking to be tested for COVID-19, we recommend either of these two online resources. Please note that these websites and organizations are not affiliated with OrthoArizona:
- For All Arizona Counties and Cities: https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-testing
- For Maricopa County Residents: https://www.maricopa.gov/5588/COVID-19-Testing
OrthoArizona was founded on quality and for this reason, we cannot express enough that we are doing this for everyone’s safety and well-being. Our patient’s health has always come first and we are grateful for each one of you. We continue our rigorous cleaning and screening process for those patients coming in for urgent appointments. If you still have an in-person appointment and start to experience any symptoms such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please call us to reschedule your appointment. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
As an alternative to in-office visits and to limit the number of patients in our offices, we offer Telemedicine appointments. You can complete these appointments from the comfort and safety of your own home via your computer or mobile device yet still receive the excellent quality and care our providers continually deliver. For more information on telemedicine appointments, please call 602.648.5444 or email us at email@example.com. Our organization uses Doxy.me for Telemedicine appointments. To see if your system is compatible, especially before your Telemedicine appointment, try the Doxy.me Pre Call Test which tests your video, audio, and microphone: https://doxy.me/precall-test