OrthoArizona’s Response to COVID-19 as of April 1st, 2021
Dear OrthoArizona Patients,
Thank you for your understanding and for helping to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all OrthoArizona patients and staff.
COVID-19 Testing in Arizona
For any patients looking to be tested for COVID-19, we recommend either of these two online resources. Please note that these websites and organizations are not affiliated with OrthoArizona:
- For All Arizona Counties and Cities: https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-testing
- For Maricopa County Residents: https://www.maricopa.gov/5588/COVID-19-Testing
OrthoArizona’s Current COVID-19 Office Policies and Guidelines as of April 1st, 2021:
- As of April 1st, 2021: Patients AND one (1) visitor with the patient (a parent/guardian, family member, friend, etc) will be allowed in our clinics.
- All patients and visitors must continue to wear their masks throughout the duration of their visit including when they are alone in the exam room.
- We will continue our COVID19 symptoms screening in-person and over the phone when necessary, including temperature checks upon arrival in our clinics.
- OrthoArizona is restricting masks with valves, bandanas, face shields without a mask underneath, and neck gaiters. These changes apply to all employees, patients, and visitors at an OrthoArizona site.
OrthoArizona was founded on quality and for this reason, we cannot express enough that we are doing this for everyone’s safety and well-being. Our patient’s health has always come first and we are grateful for each one of you. We continue our rigorous cleaning and screening process for those patients coming in for urgent appointments. If you still have an in-person appointment and start to experience any symptoms such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please call us to reschedule your appointment. Please visit: https://azgovernor.gov/executive-orders to view up-to-date executive orders from the Governor’s office and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/healthcare-facilities/ to view the recommendations from the CDC. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
As an alternative to in-office visits and to limit the number of patients in our offices, we offer Telemedicine appointments. You can complete these appointments from the comfort and safety of your own home via your computer or mobile device yet still receive the excellent quality and care our providers continually deliver. For more information on telemedicine appointments, please call 602.648.5444 or email us at email@example.com. Our organization uses Doxy.me for Telemedicine appointments. To see if your system is compatible, especially before your Telemedicine appointment, try the Doxy.me Pre Call Test which tests your video, audio, and microphone: https://doxy.me/precall-test